Mayor Mae Umphlett announced that Kilmarnock moved into Phase Two as of Friday, June 5. “We are excited to take this next step as we move to the ‘new normal’ during the COVID-19 pandemic.”
As part of Phase Two, all parks have opened the children’s playground areas; however, this does not include the splash pad at Town Centre Park. The splash pad is still closed with hopes of reopening in the weeks to come.
At this time “The Great Escape” will also be introduced for families at Town Centre Park. These activities will be Tuesday through Saturday and allow families to participate in free, family fun.
• Tuesday at 11 a.m. Lancaster Community Library will be doing story time: All ages are welcomed!
• Wednesday is Walking Wednesday: Scavenger hunts will be on hand to get you moving.
• Thursday is Chalk the Park: Design a masterpiece with chalk and tape!
• Friday is Family Game Day: Sign out a game basket from town staff and have some old school family fun and
• Saturday is Picnic in the Park: Get take out from a local restaurant or pack one but come sit down, have family time and enjoy the outdoors.
All activities will be during the day and times and schedules are posted on Town Centre Park’s Facebook page. These activities will be self-directed and will happen every week, same time, same place! https://www.facebook.com/KilmarnockTownCentrePark/
In addition, Kilmarnock’s Town Hall at 1 North Main Street reopened for walk-in service on Monday, June 8. Social distancing measures will apply and masks will be required per the Governor’s Executive Order Sixty Three. Masks will be available at the Town Hall for those that do not have them. Town Hall adheres to physical distancing guidelines, frequently cleans and sanitizes high contact surfaces, and continues to practice enhanced workplace safety measures.
On-line bill paying remains available for utility, real estate and personal property payments and the outside drop boxes for payments will be at both the front vestibule and outside the back door. For more information or to contact various departments go to www.kilmarnockva.com. Town Hall is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.