On May 12, 2020 (Tuesday) at 1:40 p.m., the Virginia State Police responded to a two vehicle crash with a confirmed fatality at the intersection of Richmond Road (Route 360) and Rich Neck Road (Route 619).
The trooper's preliminary investigation reveals that a 2017 Buick Encore driven by Olive J. King, 83, of Warsaw, VA. was traveling southbound Route 619 when she preceded from a stop sign without yielding and was struck by a 2013 Mack dump truck hauling sand.
King was not wearing a seatbelt. Unfortunately, King succumbed to her injuries and died at the scene. A front seat passenger, identified as, Brenda Hinton, 68, of Warsaw, VA. was wearing a seatbelt and was transported to the hospital by helicopter for treatment of life threatening injuries. The driver of the Mack truck, William Bromley, 70, of Heathsville, VA. was not wearing a seatbelt and was transported by helicopter for treatment of serious injuries.
The crash remains under investigation with the assistance of the Virginia State Police Crash Reconstruction Team.
- Each student to receive $376 in SNAP benefits
- Republican party responds to Northam's mask mandate
- New high school update
- Growing in leaps and Bounds
- Washington District welcomes new principal
- Coronavirus Relief Funds for Warsaw
- Traffic stops leads to arrests
- Dominion’s 85 mile broadband cable will not run through Lancaster County
- Rice’s Hotel/Hughlett’s Tavern to re-open May 28
- Virginia Sheriffs’ Institute awards scholarships