**All DMV branches will be closed from March 18 to April 2.**
** All local Social Security offices will be closed to the public for in-person service starting Tuesday, March 17, 2020. However, they are still able to provide critical services. Their online services remain available at www.socialsecurity.gov. If you cannot complete your Social Security business online, you can call their National 800 Number at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778).**
- The March 24, 2020 Montross Town Council meeting has been canceled due to the increased concerns with public safety around COVID-19.
- The Town Hall will be open during normal hours Monday through Friday 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. If you are sick or showing symptoms of COVID-19, they encourage you to not come into the Town Hall. We will practice "social distancing" with anyone that visits the office. Citizens needing assistance are encouraged to contact Town Hall by telephone at 804-493-9623 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that the Voter Registration Office and the Circuit Court Clerk's Office are currently closed to the public. The offices are available by phone - Registrar: (804)333-4772 / Circuit Court Clerk's Office: (804)333-3781.
- Due to preparations for potential COVID-19 threats and illness within the office (non-COVID related), the Town Office will be closed to the public from March 16 to March 20 in order to keep both the residents and staff safe. All other functions (trash pickup, water, sewer, police, etc.) will remain on normal schedule and operations. Staff will still be able to assist you via phone, email, or by mail and will remain vigilant during this process for any changes. The playground at the Town Park has been thoroughly cleaned earlier in the day and they will continue to monitor the park and other Town facilities in order to keep them as clean as possible.
- Town Office is open to the public
- Town Hall is closed
Westmoreland County Sheriff's Office
- The lobby will remain open. Please utilize the restroom in the lobby to thoroughly wash your hands. Sanitizer has been placed in the lobby as well. Requests for services during business hours are to be made through the receptionist window. For services after hours, directions are posted below the window.
- All non-emergency requests for service will initially be handled via phone. Further action will be taken as necessary.
- As part of their on-scene response, deputies may inquire about your health as well as those in the residence or business. In addition, a request may be made to exit the residence or business to speak with the deputy.
- All fingerprinting is suspended unless court ordered.
- The Westmoreland County School Board Meeting for the month of March has been rescheduled to Monday, March 30, 2020 at the Gerald B. Roane Center for Excellence, 171 Opal Lane, Montross, VA., at 6:00 p.m. The public hearing on the school board budget will be held at 6:15 p.m. Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, members of the public are asked to visit the meeting virtually. Members of the public may view the meeting via Facebook Live. A link to the Westmoreland County Public Schools’ Facebook page is available on the division website, http://division.wmlcps.org.
- The season-opening Heathsville Farmers Market on April 18, has been cancelled. This is the result of official COVID-19 announcements from the Center for Disease Control, which recommends the cancellation of all events of 50 people or more for the foreseeable future.
- The Lancaster Virginia Historical Society's Museum, Library, and Gift Shop are closed to the public for the remainder of March. The administrative office will be open varying hours. Call 804-462-7280 to check with staff before visiting the office.
- Essex History Museum will be temporarily closed starting Monday, March 16, to reopen Thursday, April 2nd.
- Friends of the Rappahannock CANCEL the Wild & Scenic Film Festival and RESCHEDULE the oyster roast party. The Oyster Roast Party is rescheduled for our annual benefit concert with beloved local band, Hazel Run. Tickets purchased for the oyster roast will be valid for a VIP oyster experience and the concert on November 14. They will however issue refunds to anyone who requests one. If you would like a refund, please email JoEllen Santulli - email@example.com.
- Rappahannock River Waterfowl Show scheduled for next weekend in White Stone has been cancelled
- Effective Monday, March 16, Stratford Hall will be closed to the public through Sunday, March 29. We will evaluate this status as we approach the end of the month and plan to re-open as soon as public health conditions allow, which we hope will be on Monday, March 30.
- Due to public health concerns, the Lancaster Virginia Historical Society’s “Genealogy 101 for Beginners” course planned for April 15 and 29 has been RESCHEDULED to June 17 and 24, 2020. For more information call 462-7280 or go online to www.mkt.com/maryball
- Westmoreland County Museum and its Annex buildings are closed to the public
- The 2020 RiverJam Fundraiser to support Arts on Main has been CANCELLED due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The 2020 Gloucester Arts Festival will be cancelled for June 2020 and will return in 2021.
To protect the health of patients, team members and the community amid the continued spread of novel coronavirus COVID-19, Riverside Health System is temporarily restricting visitors in outpatient areas until further notice.
No visitors may accompany outpatients, with these exceptions:
- One visitor may accompany a patient who needs assistance getting to and from their car.
- One visitor may accompany a patient who needs assistance understanding medical treatment.
Those people who are giving rides to patients but who do not wish to enter the building can call ahead to make arrangements for the patient to be transported from the car to the area of service.
WCM Response to COVID-19
- In an abundance of caution, Westmoreland County Museum will cancel or postpone all public events for March. Check website and Facebook for updates. The original Westmoreland County Museum and the Historic Courthouse will currently remain open; however, we encourage our patrons to contact us by phone (804-493-8440) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) instead of visiting us in person. The museum will reevaluate any changes to our April programs as more information becomes available.
Food for Colonial Beach kids
- Colonial Beach High School reminds families that Monday through Thursday, from 3:05- 4:30 p m. we offer FREE dinner to children 18 years and younger. For adults the cost is only $3. The menu is on our school website and on Facebook.
- Northumberland County Democrats regular monthly meeting is CANCELED. Out of an abundance of caution, because many of our members are over 60 years of age and susceptible to the COVID-19 virus, this action is prudent.
- Drifters concert CANCELLED, rescheduling pending.Rappahannock Concert Association and Drifters. Info: www.rappahannockconcerts.org, 1-888-210-8006.
- Connect Women’s Ministry of Beale Memorial Baptist Church, Live Bold Conference is RESCHEDULED for Saturday, September 19. Paid fees applied to new date. Info: Dale Mitchell at email@example.com The Women’s Conference is co-sponsored by Howertons Baptist Church and Trinity United Methodist Church. Beale Memorial is located at 19622, Tidewater Trail, Tappahannock, Virginia.
- POSTPONED Henderson United Methodist Church annual Gospel Sing at 6:00 p.m. with refreshments afterward. Local talent from area churches will provide inspirational music. A love offering will benefit the Church Scholarship fund.
- CANCELLED Henderson United Methodist Church, 72 Henderson Drive, Callao, hosts a free community lunch and fellowship time 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- POSTPONED Henderson United Methodist Church annual Gospel Sing at 6:00 p.m. with refreshments afterward. Local talent from area churches will provide inspirational music. A love offering will benefit the Church Scholarship fund
- To help control the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), the concerts of the Northern Neck Orchestra on March 27 in Kilmarnock and March 28 in Heathsville have been postponed
- CANCELLED The Nomini Baptist Church Relay For Life Team Annual Spaghetti Dinner
- In order to comply with the CDC’s guidelines on COVID-19, Colonial Beach Volunteer Rescue Squad has cancelled the Bake Sale on April 4 at Hall’s Supermarket, and postponed the golf tournament on May 1 at Hobb’s Hole Golf Course in Tappahannock. The squad hopes to reschedule the tournament for a later date. Teams that paid to participate on May 1 will receive a refund soon.
- Rice's Hotel/Hughlett's Tavern farmers' market cancelled
- Given the on-going community challenges of COVID-19, and the expert guidance the MPNNCSB Prevention, Health & Wellness Division are following from multiple sources, they are immensely disappointed to share that they will be cancelling their Celebrate Healthy Living Day Event scheduled for Saturday, April 25.
The Westmoreland County Household Hazardous Waste Collection scheduled for April 25 has been cancelled.
Accordingly, the annual Stratford Oyster Roast & Auction originally scheduled for April 25 has been postponed. At this time, they have tentatively rescheduled this event for Sunday, October 25.
- The Haven’s first priority, at all times, is providing crisis services to those in our community who have experienced sexual and intimate partner violence. They are making plans and adjusting their daily routines so that they can focus fully on keeping our 24-hour crisis hotline and shelter active and available to those who need them. Court accompaniment and advocacy services will continue until further notice. Our hotline number is 1-800-224-2836 or 1-800-22Haven.
- The Shoppe for the Haven's Sake Thrift Shop is now closed.
- Their Administrative Offices are now closed to the public.
- Please note Commonwealth Senior Living at Kilmarnock is open for admissions and offers a 2-Hour Rapid Response Assessment for emergency admissions 804-435-9896. Their community is safe and healthy - fully staffed and fully stocked with food, supplies and all that our residents require. Call with any requests for information and/or referrals.
Riverside Health System Wellness and Fitness Centers
- To further protect patients, team members and the community amid the spread of novel coronavirus COVID-19, Riverside Health System Wellness and Fitness Centers in Newport News and Gloucester will close for two weeks starting March 17. Riverside continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and will keep members informed of any additional changes to the schedule.
Department of Game and Fisheries
- As of March 17, all DGIF offices will be closed for walk in traffic until further notice.
- The DGIF Board of Directors Committee Meetings and Board Meeting scheduled for Wednesday, March 18 and Thursday, March 19 have been canceled. The next scheduled meetings are May 27–28, 2020.
The following changes have been made to the 2020 Trout Stocking Program:
- Heritage Day, scheduled for April 4 has been canceled.
- Stockings for Urban Program Waters and the Youth-Only Stocked Trout Program will be rescheduled and will no longer be pre-announced.
Opportunities to help:
Red Cross Blood Drives
- Thursday, March 19, 1:30-6:30 p.m., Warsaw Community, Warsaw Baptist Church, 226 Main Street.
- Monday, March 30, 10-3 p.m., Northern Neck YMCA, 39 William B Graham Ct., Kilmarnock.
- Tuesday, March 31, Noon – 5 p.m., Montross Community, 72 Lyells Street, Montross.
- Saturday, April 4, 9 – 3 p.m., Kilmarnock VFD, 61 Harris Road, Kilmarnock
- Tuesday, April 7, Noon – 6 p.m., Northumberland Chapter, St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, 6807 Northumberland Highway, Heathsville.
- Wednesday, April 8, 10 – 3 p.m., Christchurch School, 49 Seahorse Lane, Christchurch. Thursday, April 9, 1 – 7 p.m., Colonial Beach Community, 203 Dennison St., Colonial Beach.
**If you know of any cancellations not listed here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org